Go For It! Changelog
Changes from v1.3 to v1.4 (16 February 2013)
- Total rewrite. Completely updated to latest "2013" version JGUI2 and Allegro 5 and uses hardware OpenGL rendering.
- Higher resolution graphics.
- Now always runs at desktop resolution and colour depth and scales to fit the screen.
- Added Sound Options to main menu.
- Updated menu background to a revamped version of the original.
- Added vapour trails.
- Replaced generated in-game backdrop with a TGA image file.
- Tweaked speed and turning circle.
Changes from v1.2 to v1.3 (27 April 2009)
- Dropped default colour depth to 16bpp to improve performance.
- Changed font.
- Updated menu screen URL to new website.
Changes from v1.12 to v1.2 (25 September 2008)
- Recompiled using up-to-date Allegro library fixing many issues on today's machines
- Added vsync (wait for vertical retrace) to the main menu (in-game already uses vsync)
- Added gfi.ini which allows customisation of:
- Screen resolution.
- Colour depth.
- Full screen or Window mode.
- Sound and music volume (these range from 0 to 255).
- Player keys (by scancode).
- The ships and token have been redrawn in higher res.
- The menu backdrop has been recreated.
- The movement and turning speeds have been tweaked.
- Removed "Exit Game?" confirm dialog.
Changes from v1.11 to v1.12 (12 April 2002)
- Fixed a lock up bug under Windows 2000.
- Slowed down the animation on the menu screen.
- Some minor updates.
Changes from v1.1 to v1.11 (12 March 2001)
- GFI should no longer exit if it can't find a sound card. This means that people with no sound cards can play GFI (with no sound of course!).
- The menus now have sound! Also the sound code has been rewritten so it should be a little smoother.
- GFI will now pick an appropriate video driver for you rather than forcing DirectX. Hopefully this should allow GFI to work on more PCs (some people have reported problems when GFI attempts to set the default 640 by 480 DirextX video mode).
Changes from v0.5 to v1.1 (25 February 2001)
Changes from v0.3 to v0.5 (5 June 2000)
Original Release: v0.3 (3 February 2000)